TUV, Streaming Broadband to the commercial Channels

I have been living in Japan for almost 1 and half years. Out of my great interest to access some english TV channels that I used to watch back in IIT-B, I did try all means. Inquiring at a local satellite TV vendor made me understand having access to all those channels at home TV is not a cakewalk. I gotta spend minimum 20,000 yen a month to access this list of english channels:

CNN, CNN Pipeline, ABC, FOX, Star world, Animal planet, Cartoon network,Channel V, MTV, AXN, ESPN, Comedy central and HBO

I then tried internet to access the low quality video stream, only ABC's stream that I could able to access (other than 100s of school/indie channels that are available here.). BBC still provide news roundup free of charge though video quality is so egregious. ABC has stopped streams for international users some 4 months ago, now that NONE of the above channels available through internet, until 2 weeks ago, when this application called TVU launched.


Download it here, unzip, install and have fun watching all of the above mentioned channels and more. If you are a cricket fan like me, there is a dedicated CHANNEL CRICKET too, ALL FREE! There is a dedicated channel for Hollywood movies too, though subtitles are of Chinese. (Double click on the video panel to see it full screen mode)

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to fix Philips GoGear MIX 4GB "Memory is full! Connect to PC and delete some content" issue? SOLVED

Paris needs to improve its public transportation!

Science as a Candle in the Dark